The Big Pharaoh
We've moved ... you are about to be redirected to Bigpharaoh.com

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Good News at Last!

After all the bad news we’ve heard so far, here comes a good one: Najaf’s senior clerics asked Sadr’s army to leave Najaf and almost condemned him for the chaos in the holy city. After a senior cleric issued the statement, hundreds of protesters marched though the street demanding the removal of Sadr’s militias from Najaf. Sadr’s thugs fired on the protesters and there are reports that the rival Shia group Badr fired back. A Sadr aid indicated that his master is willing to reach an agreement that would allow his militias to leave the city.

See, that’s what I have been calling for. Sadr longed for the backing of the senior clerics but he failed to do so. Since the US army practiced restrain and avoided going into Najaf, Sistani had an opportunity to “choke” Sadr and his aspirations.


I Don’t Read My Papers


The Arab world’s reaction to the Abu Ghreib scandal reminded me of the words of Jesus (peace be upon him) “and why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?” Egypt’s “respected” daily papers and cheap tabloids have nothing to print these days except the Abu Ghreib issue. They are so happy. They have found a speck.

I don’t read my papers anymore these days. I do not want to hear someone with a plank criticizing someone with a speck. I am allergic to hypocrisy. Please do not think that I am not disgusted and angry at what happened. I just hate it when people become so hypocritical. This is the reason why the US government should take all measures to judge those responsible. The US should set an example as to how it treats its bad apples no matter who those bad apples are.






|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?