The Big Pharaoh
We've moved ... you are about to be redirected to

Friday, January 28, 2005

The Beginning of the Tunnel

I was going to write a post about my expectations regarding Iraq's elections. I admit that I didn't have the energy to write it. I feel it won't be appropriate or even useful.

This coming Sunday, Iraqis from all over Iraq will head to the polls. This will take the first baby step towards a more decent future. Many will return home safely, others might not. Yet the journey to the polling stations must be taken. It was taken by all those who wanted a more pluralistic and freer future. Sunday January 30th will not be the end of the tunnel; it will be its beginning.

We have talked and discussed much. I believe it is time for us to rest and leave it between the hands of the Almighty. In the meantime, you can do something great for Iraq: you can pray.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?