The Big Pharaoh
We've moved ... you are about to be redirected to

Monday, December 26, 2005

Freed German hostage says Iraq captors not criminals

DUBAI (AFP) - A former German hostage who spent 24 days in the hands of unknown captors in Iraq said her kidnappers were not criminals and had demanded humanitarian aid for Sunni Arab regions.

I thought they wanted the German government to stop training Iraqi soldiers outside Iraq. I personally didn't hear of any "humanitarian" demands..did anyone hear such demands ladies and gentlemen?

Speaking to Doha-based satellite channel Al-Jazeera

Yea who else!

Susanne Osthoff said her captors told her not to be afraid as her kidnapping was "politically motivated."

OK Mrs. Osthoff, now I'm a little confused here. I thought they demanded "humanitarian aid"!

"Do not be afraid. We do not harm women or children and you are a Muslim," she quoted them as saying.

Yes yes, they harm no Muslim, only non-Muslims.

"I was so happy to know that I had not fallen into the hands of criminals," she said.

Ummmm, let me get this here. A group kidnapped you, threatened to kill you, scared the sh*t out of you and they are still not criminals. What are they then I really wish to know?

Osthoff, a Muslim convert and fluent Arabic speaker, said her captors demanded German humanitarian aid for Iraq's Sunni Arabs and stated clearly that they did not want a ransom.

Right. That's why the Hezbollah guy was freed days before your release!

"They said we don't want money... Maybe we want from Germany ... hospitals and schools in the Sunni triangle (area northwest of Baghdad), and they would like to get money in the form of humanitarian aid," she said.

Again Mrs. Osthoff. I don't recall them asking for hospitals and schools at all! Their public demand was crystal clear. I don't give a rat's ass about what they told you in private. Their public demand included no schools nor hospitals. Besides, don't you agree that this wasn't a good way to say "thank you" to Germany for opposing the war?

She described her captors as "poor people" and that she "cannot blame them for kidnapping her, as they cannot enter (Baghdad's heavily fortified) Green Zone to kidnap Americans."

So, if I can't kidnap Americans, I kidnap German war opposing people like yourself. Ummm, interesting!

You know something Mrs. Osthoff. I really hate to say it but I can't help saying: I really wished you stayed with your "poor" friends.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?