The Big Pharaoh
We've moved ... you are about to be redirected to Bigpharaoh.com

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Day in My Life

I thought about telling you of a typical day in my life. I'm not sure if I'm that important or whether you care to know in the first place, but I just feel I want to give you a glimpse into the life of the humble person behind this blog!

- I wake up every morning around 7:30 am. I have to be at my office before 9:30 am.



- I take the subway to work. I hate driving. If you asked someone who visited Cairo about what s/he hated, traffic will always come in first. So in order not to get stuck in a traffic jam and be late to work, I take the subway instead.
- I arrive at the office and ask for coffee. After 10 minutes, I call the office boy and bark “where is my coffee, do you boil the water on solar energy??” I can’t function without my morning coffee. Forget it. I just can’t.
- I check my work emails and voice mails. I curse some people!
- Log on to my blog, read the comments, check the readership numbers, and surf the web for latest news. I do that if I don’t have something that I must immediately attend to. I could post if the entry is short and doesn’t need lots of thinking.
- I start working.


Picture: Falafel sandwich.
- At around midday, my colleagues decide to order food. One of them volunteers to take the orders and pay the money. After eating, s/he walks around offices with the receipt in hand to collect the money s/he paid. We order McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, KFC, fish/shrimps sandwiches, Shawerma sandwiches, Italian food, Chinese food, foul (beans) and falafel, etc.
- Return back to work.
- Finish work at around 7 pm. I should finish at 6 pm but that seldom happens. There is always some work to do.

Picture: Shisha / waterpipe / hubble-bubble


- I could then either go home or meet friends. If I met friends we usually go to a pub in downtown Cairo. If I am going out with friends who don’t drink, we usually go to smoke Shisha in a café somewhere.
- I head home. Dad welcomes me with a report of all what happened around the world. He then tells me of the scenarios he’s sure will unfold in Iraq. My Dad is the staunchest supporter of the US I’ve ever seen! He never missed a Bush speech and if he divorced my mom he’ll definitely start hitting on Rice. He gets in serious fights with his friends at the club because of his pro-US sentiments.
- Eat then watch TV or surf the web and post on my blog.
- Sometimes I go out after I’ve been home. I go out to have a drink or dinner with friends.

-Go to bed at around 1 am.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?