The Big Pharaoh
We've moved ... you are about to be redirected to Bigpharaoh.com

Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Trip to Hurghada and El Gouna

Here are some of the pics I took when I was on vacation

DSC00381

On our way to Hurghada.

DSC00383

Windmills on the eastern desert of Egypt. I loved how they looked like when they were rotating.

DSC00385

The Gulf of Suez. The far mountains are in Sinai, on the other side of the Gulf. Check the map in my Jan 7th post.

DSC00387

Man made lake in El Gouna.

DSC00388

Seagull resort. The resort we stayed in in Hurghada.

DSC00390

The view from my hotel room. Isn't it awesome to see this view when you wake up every morning?! The pool was great but we prefered to swim in the sea. We have pools in Cairo yet no seas.

DSC00394

The beach. Tourists, mostly Russians, sunbathing. I have noticed that Hurghada gets a lot of Russian tourists. Sharm el Sheikh gets a lot of Russians but I saw more Russians in Hurghada. I saw shops with signs in the Russian language. I guess this might be because Hurghada is cheaper than Sharm el Sheikh.

DSC00395

DSC00396

DSC00397

Horse carriage turned into a motor carriage.

DSC00411

Marina at El Gouna

DSC00412

Boats that belong to foreigners and Egyptian movers and shakers.

DSC00413

Mama, I want this toy!!!

DSC00418

Miriam Fares, Lebanese pop singer held a concert at El Gouna. I was standing in the middle of the cheering throng, turned left, and saw Onsi Sawiris, Egypt's richest man, standing right beside me! Forbes magazine estimates his net worth to be $5.2 billion. Onsi's son Sameeh is the developer of El Gouna.

DSC00389

Helloz

DSC00424

On our way back

DSC00425

The End!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?