The Big Pharaoh
We've moved ... you are about to be redirected to Bigpharaoh.com

Monday, February 13, 2006

Excuse me, what did you just say??

I just came across this article in the Time. My jaws dropped when I read the following:

A Taliban leader reportedly offered 100 grams of gold to anyone who killed the cartoonists. It wasn't hard to find potential takers. "The word Islam is derived from peace. You cannot just go and attack people," says Walid el-Sallab, 23, student-union president at the American University in Cairo, who organized a peaceful rally against the cartoons. "But honestly, I feel that if I were to see the Danish Prime Minister, I might kill him myself without thinking."

If these words did in fact come from the student-union president of the American University in Cairo, the region's beacon of liberal arts education in the Middle East, then we're in serious, very serious, trouble.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?