The Big Pharaoh
We've moved ... you are about to be redirected to

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

See, That's What I'm Talking About

These are a group of Syrian ladies demonstrating in front of the Danish embassy. As you can all see, they are saying "I won Muhammed but I didn't lose Moses and Christ". In other words, I am Muslim yet I also respect Moses and Jesus. And of course J-Posten, the Danish paper that published the cartoons, belongs to the "Jesus camp". Doesn't Denmark have a cross on its flag??

Now who said that J-Posten is Christian?? I bet the same paper that published the 12 insulting cartoons had a review of the Da Vinci Code book or at least published something that might be deemed as anti-Christian or anti-religion. And if J-Posten didn't do that before, I bet another Danish paper has done it.

See ladies and gentlemen, this is what's drawing this region backwards into the abyss of stupidity and irrationality. We invoke religion in everything. We see everything through the prism of religion. Our false religiosity that lacks the power of our God-given mind has crippled our ability to rationalize and make sound judgements and come up with reasonable conclusions. Katrina becomes God's judgement on America while Pakistan's earth quake had killed far more people. The Tsunami becomes God's punishment for the sex industry in Thailand while most of the dead were Muslim Indonesians. The US invasion of Iraq becomes America's war on Islam while the ones who are ramming suicide car bombs into Shia mosques are fellow Sunnis. And the list goes on and on.

I am sick and tired because I feel so hopeless. I can't do anything about it. Well, in fact I can do something. All what I can do is urge you to:


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?