The Big Pharaoh
We've moved ... you are about to be redirected to Bigpharaoh.com

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Look who wants him dead

This is a classic. Look who wants Abdul Rahman dead. Afghanistan's Independent Human Rights Commission.

An Afghan man facing a possible death penalty for converting from Islam to Christianity may be mentally unfit to stand trial, a state prosecutor said Wednesday amid growing international condemnation of the case.

The state-sponsored Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission has called for Rahman to be punished, arguing he clearly violated Islamic law.

No Comment. No comment at all.

Television footage of Rahman at last week's hearing shows him leafing through a Bible before saying, "They want to sentence me to death and I accept it, but I am not a deserter and not an infidel. I am a Christian, which means I believe in the Trinity."

Ummmm, he doesn't sound like a mad man to me!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?